Encounter

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Had a good AHM training run today. It was overall a positive experience. We did a supposed 14km time trial, but really it was more of a 13km time trial. Carpark B1 (our meeting place) to F2 and back. Timing was 57 min. I was happy to be able to sustain a heartrate of 86%, which is a good sign as compared to before where I was really quite fatigued from anything above 70%. Well, the thing that made it interesting was the heavy rain on the return leg. Plus strong winds. I think I lose out yet again to those small frame runners as I faced more resistance. But then again I wasn't blown away like some of them felt they were. The real problem came when the water started getting into my eyes, and my contacts just ceased functioning! I think they started adhereing to the underside of my eyelids, both of them! Yup, so I was back to my blind self, left eye 550 degrees, right eye 800 degrees, and with rain pelting at my eyes. Even blinking / rubbing my eyes didn't help as there was like a constant supply of water coming back into my eyes. My shades didn't help. Yup, so I ran back as a blind man, running straight into probably all the gigantic puddles infront of me. Good thing I didn't run head on into anyone else, and luck lamp posts are black and not grey... and the path is grey, not green like the grass.... Yeah, I was that blind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home