Encounter

Friday, December 07, 2007

So today was the day I tested my bike with full load (ok, it lacks a few items but i think maybe only 300grams difference?) on a local circuit to simulate an actual day.

A few things to point out though, which made this first trial run biased:
- I already know the route by heart.
- The route is like 99% (exagerated but you get the idea) flat.
- I know where all the potential rest points are.
- Singapore is a safe place.
- It is highly unlikely to encounter flooded areas even during heavy rain.

0530 get up etc.
0620 eating prata at coffee shop
0645 I'm off:
Thomson Road
Yio Chu Kang Road
Punggol
Old Tampines Road
Pasir Ris
Loyang
Changi Coastal (the built a cycle/joggin track parallel to this!)
ECP
0900
MacDonald's Breakfast:
MountBatten Road
Nichol Highway
Esplanade
Shenton Way
Keppel Road
West Coast Road
Jalan Buroh
Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim (100km)
Tuas Check Point
Boonlay Way / Safti (Powergel cum transfer water break)
NTU (destruction of my quads start here)
Lim Chu Kang (crampiness observed)
Neo Tiew Road ( 120km. bonked. reduced to limp ie start walking during a run)
1245 Kranji Road (lunch!!!)
1330 Marsiling
Woodlands
Admiralty
Sembawang
Yishun
Khatib
Yio Chu Kang
Ang Mo Kio (The heavens open and it starts pouring!)
Bishan
Thomson Road
1500 Balestier Road (159km)
Home!
Yup, a typical day would look something like this. Ending around 3pm (160km days) or 5pm (for 200km days).
One more test tomorrow where I'll face more realistic terrain and conditions.
Alright, now I just need to hope that the floods in Malaysia reside. -_-''
And I forgot to mention one thing........ The bike is damn heavy now. My speed has been reduced tremendously (think + 1 hour a day as compared to without load).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home