Encounter

Friday, December 07, 2007

Hmmm it's been a while since I've blogged. The past few days have been busy, mostly over the settling of equipment. Been running all over the shop to get the parts to put everything together. I had initially wanted to depend on the bike shop to settle such matters for me, but many factors prevented it from happening. In a sense it was good also, because I ended up going down personally to view and purchase the stuff, which avoided a major hiccup.

Thanks to Daniel Loy (Passione bikes) for giving my bike a free wash and lube (yes i don't have to do it myself!), but he didn't quite get the shifting of the rear derailleurs dialled in properly on the new wheel. It was pretty scary having auto-shift gears one moment and having not being able to up shift the next.... Crunchy gears sometimes made me fear for the integrity of my chain. And I learnt that Daniel is only 1 year older than me and knows Dom and Annabelle!

I fixed up my rear rack at Soon Watt. Yeah, it was there that I discovered the so called 'road bike' rack was this puny thing which wouldn't fit the length of my slippers..... Yup, so luckily I was desperate enough to think of mouting a mountain bike rack. And yes, it worked! There was some initial problem with the seat post mounting clamp rubbing on my inner thighs when I pedalled but that has been resolved by twisting the quick release upwards... The maximum load for the rack is 9 kg, so don't even think of sitting on it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:07 am, Blogger Xiaohui said...

eh...daniel loy..was he from acs? and before that he lived studied in hongkong for a while or sth?

OMG enpingy u're really cycling to thailand!!!

 
At 12:48 am, Blogger enpingy said...

He was from acs (that's how he knows dom) and SRJC for a while (so he know's who's belle) before he went australia to study i think. Will ask him about the hong kong bit next time. hur hur.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home