Encounter

Saturday, August 04, 2007

I woke up late in the morning feeling tired (result of 13 eps of Over Drive) and decided to skip AHM training... Decided on a round island ride instead.

The first 75 minutes was ok, able to exert power with each pedal stroke. The winds at punggol / sengkang area were quite strong and I constantly felt unstable on my bike. The roads were often flanked by open fields which provided no wind-shield. Speeds were differing greatly depending on the direction I was travelling. On moment struggling at 31kmh, another moment at cruising at 42kmh. Even though I consciously reduce the gear ratio to maintain a decent cadence while cycling into a headwind, I somehow still tend to over estimate my abilities, leading to blow out... Problems with maintaining my position and applying power. Also a distinct difference in power between legs today due to some fatigue in the right knee. 2 hours later my lower back, shoulders, neck, hip flexors and knees were a little bu xinged... I ultimately gave up and pedalled at sub 30kmh speeds. I had blown already. Aerobars at low speeds (without headwind) are useless and become deadweight... In the end I cut short my route as I realised I was moving way too slowly and had no more purpose on the bike. Estimated mileage of the reduced route around 145kmh in 5 and a half hours....

Destroyed..... Weak... Need more mileage.... Hur hur.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home