Encounter

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

This is a continuation of the previous post...

Drats, the blogger interface did it again with me deleting my completed post due to the sketchy handling...

Well, I continue by talking about swimming... Or at like that lack of it! I've done only 2 swims thus far, and each only 20 laps in total, littered with breaks and stoppages! Somehow, I'll have to be ready to swim 38 laps continuous soon... Finding my floating point or getting the glide still elude me, but hopefully I'll get soemwhere there...

Finally, I talk about paddling... throwing Pohkhai and me straight into a 250m sprint was an utter disaster, as we had grown to unfamiliar with each other. Analysis and tryouts with Shaun revealed our differences in kicking and boat tilt, which we now compromise to accomodate each other. Now when I paddle, I focus on following his hip movements (which tie in with his kicking) as well as maintaining proper boat tilt (through pushing with legs). We'll really need to pick up from here in order to be competitive. As for individual paddling technique, I gained some insights from ad hoc coaches Andrea and Weiling, who were enjoying their hard-earned day off from Women's Champs by sitting at the pontoon. Basically, I was told that what I thought was my most over stretched paddling form was actually the proper form to exact a good catch. Looks like it back to basics for me... =S

Lastly, I'll talk about nutrition during long workouts. I've realised that it truly is essential to have a nutrition plan if your workout lasts for more than 3 hours. I basically bonked to day while attempting a brick by going for a run with Team after my morning ANZA ride. I DNFed in the end. It started as feelings of weakness, followed by a left calf cramp which left me walking for a while. And then even walking felt bad as I broke out in cold sweat... The session ended with me taking a bus (!) home... Yups, so it seems that 2 muesli bars during and a after the ride did not suffice, and so I shal begin my search for a cheap source of power gels....

3 Comments:

At 12:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eee.. enpingy is late for training.. hahaha~

 
At 3:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eee enpingy that route was crap to begin with lor. i also wanted to DNF

anyways i wanted to comment on ur other entry but blogger wldnt allow me to :( i think u shld try having ur period. thats how girls develop higher treshold of pain then u. then u can go cruising past e guys too!!!

 
At 3:51 pm, Blogger enpingy said...

-_-''........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home